I have a thing for weddings.
When I was a little girl, the fantasy of meeting my Prince Charming and marrying him in a very Sisi way , made me twirl of excitement.
And euhm… It goes further than that…I think I know every episode of ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ by heart, and I even window show at Kleinfeld every other week.
In the midst of this crazy seasonal obsession I started pinteresting a bit and bumped into hundreds of beautiful bridal looks. My head started spinning… I couldn’t choose only one look for my imaginary wedding! I wanted at least two different styles… Or three…. Or, oh what the fuck, I wanted it all!
To keep myself sane, I ordered my favorite looks into three categories.
1. The Boho Bride
- She has a chill vibe and ease to it.
- Her make-up is personal and sunny, without a lot of colour. She makes use of earthy tones and little, subtle details.
- She often takes funny and flowery accessories to upgrade the hair.
- Her hairdo is kinda loose, with natural curls or braids added
2. The Retro Bride
- She is influenced by the vintage style of the 20’s, 40’s, 50’s or 60’s.
- Her make-up is quite strong. Think red lips, fake lashes and eyeliner, or a heavy, rounded smokey eye.
- This bride likes a more theatrical look with a strong wave in her hair. It is very important for this look to hire a hairdresser that is familiar with the techniques!
3. The Classic Bride
- This girl goes for a classic, more mainstream wedding, with little moviestar influences.
- To pimp this look you can go for a bigger bun or add a braid to it.
- Make-up rule numéro uno: Never let make-up make you unrecognizable for the groom!