A friend of mine asked me for some cool smokey eye-inspiration, so I fluttered through my make-upfiles and came up with this….
Oh yeah, don’t forget to scroll down for some smokey facts aswell!
Some facts on smokey eyes:
1. In ancient times people used charcaol mixed with oil to create smokey eyes. They applied it not for esthetic reasons, but to protect their eyes from the sun.
2. ‘Smokey eye’ is the name of the technique (blending eye shadow from intense to soft), it’s not a synonym for black panda eyes.
3. You can use every colour to create that smokey eye.
4. Every decade had a signature smokey eye! For example in the twenties, the shape of smokey eyes was very rounded.
5. Use a highlighter in the inner corner of the eye to intensify the look.
6. For a cool and less glamorous smokey eye, use creamy eye shadow instead of the powdery version.