Oh Bobbi, my Bobbi.
I’m over the moon that from this season on, you’re set in Belgium as well.
Yes, my beautylovers, as of upcoming okt/nov, Brussels will have its own Bobbi Brown-store! Next to well known Cosmeticary, to be more exact.
So I consider this the perfect timing to talk more about this amazing make-upbrand, ànd about Bobbi herself.
Bobbi Brown is first and for all known as a famous make-upartist, who took a headstart after shooting for Vogue US!
In the following years she worked with all the big names in the beauty/fashion industry, with important movies stars, and she collaborated with talkshow-legend Oprah Winfrey!
But at a certain moment Bobbi got tired of not being able to find products to create a perfect natural look! And so she started her own make-upline, which she started selling at Bergdorf&Goodman. With HUGE success, btw! Her philosophy is: Create the best version of yourself by accentuating the most beautiful features of your face. ‘Bobbi Brown’ is a mind-set, a way of life.
So where is she standing now? On top of the world! Still with her feet on the ground though, therefore she makes big effort to support the less fortunate!
Now, more practically, there IS such thing as ‘the Bobbi Brown-look’, and I have to say: Love it, and gonna make it mine! Hoppa!
Get the Bobbi-look yourself in 10 simple steps:
1. Moisturize your skin. It will set the perfect base for your look. Never use a silicone-based-primer. It will give you that mask-effect, which will crack during the day.
2. Apply the right colour corrector and concealer underneath your eyes. Don’t use these concealers to cover up a pimple. Why? Because a concealer contains oil. And you don’t wanna put an oily substance on a pimple, right?
3. Apply the right colour of foundation. Always choose a colour with a yellow undertone. This will give you a more natural, blended look.
4.Powder where necessary: around the eyes, on the sides of your nose, on your forehead and chin.
5. The secret to a beautiful sun-kissed look is bronzing powder! The right colour bronzing powder = the colour of your sun-kissed arms and chest.
Don’t use bronzing powder to ‘shape’ your face!
6. Apply blush to give you that fresh effect. I prefer pink or peachy!
7. Use a good lipbalm! Everybody want lucious lips, no!
8. Brush your eyebrows, and fill them in when necessary.
9. Oké, now the tricky part: Eyeliner! First fill in the small spaces between your eyelashes. After this, you ‘draw’ your line from corner to corner. Always take an eyeliner which is darker than the colour of your eyes. I prefer black or dark dark grey.
Et, voila! You look as fresh as a daisy!
To end, I wanna say a big thank you for the superduper present! Wearing them already😉
All my love,