Eyebrows are my biggest obsession. I have to admit.
I can’t even watch a movie, if the leading lady has terrible eyebrows.
Yep, it’s that bad!
And don’t get me wrong, eyebrows don’t have to be perfectly depilated at all times. I prefer a natural, almost-non-plucked version to an eyebrow which only looks like a thin line.
I just would like to make everyone clear that eyebrows change your whole face, they set your expression! It is not to take lightly!
Amen to that! 😉
So here are a couple of eyebrow do’s&don’ts:
– Take a good look at your own face. It’s important to know your face, and to know the natural implantation of your eyebrow.
– Bring your eyebrow in shape with a eyebrowbrush, or even a toothbrush!
– Buy a really good pair of tweezers (for exemple from ‘Tweezerman’), preferably with a diagonal point. You can find these in a pharmacy or beautyshop.
– If this is the first time you want to pluck your eyebrows, it is better to go to a beautyspecialist. Make sure it is someone with a lot of experience!
– If you want to do it yourself, you’d better start easy. Pluck a few hairs and take a good look again. Continue this untill you have your perfect shape.
– Put some calming cream on the skin afterwords. My favourite is ‘Skin Recovery Cream’ from Avène. And wait a couple of hours before you put on make up. You never know how your skin is gonna react.
– Don’t let a friend pluck your eyebrows. It starts with having fun and laughing around. But it usually ends in a distaster, eyebrow-wise.
– Don’t pluck too much between the eyebrows. This really determines your expression. If you take too much away, you’ll end up with a permanent sad expression. Not cool!
-Don’t try to recreate your eyebrowshape by plucking the tiny hairs above your eyebrow. It will make you look totally unnatural and it usually creates holes.
– and please please PLEASE don’t depilate too much! Really!
In the name of beauty!!
lots of kisses,