It’s the end of another year.
2014 wasn’t that mainstream for me though…. So many things have happened that have put my inner world upside down. Most of the stuff were shown on my blog and other sorts of (social) media. The fact is that oversharing is my middle name… It’s my way of expressing and releasing feelings and ideas. But there were some more private moments that changed me as well, that had a huge impact on me and I couldn’t really share with you guys. Things that turned me into another woman….
So ending my year in pure and raw honesty…. My 5 defining moments of 2014, chronologically and in Instagram style…..
1. Sometimes I get these crazy ideas. All of a sudden. While taking a bath or changing a tire. One of these ideas grew into something pretty extraordinary….
So I wanted to do a small shoot for the blog with those amazing Prima Donna swimwear pieces. A magazine and newspaper picked it up and published it on the cover of and inside their ‘curvy’ issue. The reactions were unbelievable! By the way, how cool is it to hear that the magazine and newspaper reached almost 1 million readers with this edition! And although I was/am really happy with the pictures, inside I was slowly dying from anxiety. You can never really tell how people receive stuff like this….
Behold my swimsuit special!
Sabine goes covergirl
2. She is the cutest, most beautiful and playful creature I have ever met…. People, in march, my godchild Elise got born, and this mini person transformed my life! I’ll always cherish the fact that my best friend Annemie, who I know since kindergarden, noticed how much love I have for children but that I’ll probably never be physically able to have my own. I hope, in the following years, that I can be there for this little girl every time she needs me. That she can grow up with a healthy dose of humor and self-confidence. I love her till the end and further…
3. One of my wishes is to be able to travel more. Well, 2014 gave me a little taste of this already. Het Nieuwsblad Magazine offered me, together with photographer Kris De Smedt, stylist Erik Vernieuwe and sommelier Alain Boeykens, the chance to go to Chili to shoot Belgian TVstar Tom Waes, and his lovely fiancee Mieke. On behalf of Torres Wines we lived the life of gods with amazing excursions, diners and drinks. Oh my, the fun we had, you have no idea!
4. So Chili was awesome, but the experience ended with a big downer: I came home to the news that the doctors diagnosed my dad with cancer. This was such a shock. My parents are my everything, they always support me in every way possible. And just the thought of one of them being this ill, shut me down. I forced myself to focus on my work, couldn’t face my emotions. At this very moment, I still find it difficult to accept. Luckily the doctors were able to remove the whole tumor, and my dad is back as vibrant as ever. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.
This year I realized once again how important health is. It’s everything, really everything! All of a sudden, the materialistic (overly pr’d) side of blogging started to irritate me. Is this it? Is this even of any importance? I miss humanity and realness. Real passion! I can not be happy anymore with the image of a beautiful handbag of 5000 euro or another talentless person taking over Instagram.
Beautyblogging has been amazing, and I still love writing and sharing. But I want to change it up.
Don’t get me wrong, make up still makes me creative, it’s my job and passion, and it will probably always stay that way. I’m addicted to it. But I wanna be and do more. Usefulness. Helping people by spreading positive messages. Using my ‘power’ for good stuff, not just to receive gifts or earn money.
While still wrapping my mind around all of what has happened this year, I’ll be choosing for being around my friends and family instead of attending another store opening. It’s cool and fun to be at certain events, it really is. You can experience someone’s new start and that’s major. But at this very moment, I can’t do it anymore. I’m going for health, friends, family, cosyness, real warmth, my job and spreading the body diversity-word.
With my sweetest friend Sigrid <3
My best friend Annemie with Elise <3
Meet…. Kobe, big bro of my godchild Elise, and always surprised by my kisses <3
My two favourite models…. Crazy girls and sweet friends Stéphanie and Paulien <3
With my gorgeous parents (aka De Ludo and De Maria)…. They always have my back <3
With my brother Kris, who is a so special! My biggest fan by all means <3
5. And so we’ve come to my final defining moment of 2014: My book Make Up (@Lannoo). My written baby. I could have never imagined the meaning of it all. And your reactions were, and still are, amazeballs! Let’s pray the success story of Make Up gets a tail ;-)
Especially now, during the christmas holidays, I feel the extra warmth of you guys, and you have no idea how it affects me! Book by book, we’re spreading the love for beauty and our bodies. Every small article in a magazine, every feature, every Instagram post, I cherish so much…. Gratefulness does not even start to cover my feelings…
The moment I held my baby in my arms…. Very very weird feeling!
Emotional speech at my book launch
They couldn’t even wait before the time they got home to read it :-)
Two of my girls <3
Joy Anna Thielemans and I, signing at Flair Shopping Day
Het Nieuwsblad magazine
Signing session @Antwerp Book Fair
Having an open discussion on beauty @Antwerp Book Fair
And so we’ve arrived at the moment where we make resolutions…..
Mine are: More exercise, no more wrong men (my god, I had my fair share of them this year) and following my heart….
Tell me yours, babes! I’m so curious ;-)